Help maintain our beautiful Greenslopes DCP project site (Demonstration Catchment Project). It was designed to re-naturalise part of the main channel of Norman Creek, and provide habitat for native wildlife. Saturday afternoon (2pm) working bees, usually monthly.
- Weeding, planting, rubbish removal.
- Choice of energetic work such as removing large grass tussocks or less demanding work like planting natives and removing weedy vines from native trees and shrubs.
- Work in a beautiful shady site beside a creek, and enjoy chatting to like-minded locals.
- Opportunity to learn more about native plants and improve your weed ID skills too.
- Kick around ideas for extending our rehabilitation of this part of the creek.
Site is at the end of Nicholson St, Greenslopes, behind the hospital. Park in the gravel car park and walk down the bike path about 50 m - we usually meet at the shipping container on the left. Wear sensible clothes, strong shoes and a hat; bring a water bottle.
Updates on working bee times will be published on our Facebook Page: N4C Norman Creek Catchment Coordinating Committee