The RTP scholarship is a Commonwealth funded scholarship which provides a tuition fee offset and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the student. The UQ Graduate School scholarship is a UQ funded scholarship which provides a living allowance. The RTP and the UQ Graduate School scholarships are awarded together to provide a full tuition fee offset and living allowance scholarship.
To be eligible you must:
- Be an international student on a student visa (subclass 574 for postgraduate research) studying full-time and onshore in Australia.
- Be nominated by the enrolling school or institute.
- Be assessed by the Graduate School as meeting all conditions for admission to the research higher degree program.
- Be commencing research higher degree study for the first time in Australia, or have terminated previous enrolment in a RHD program within six months of commencement.
- Not hold a qualification at the same or a higher level than the research higher degree program you are undertaking.
- Not have held an Australia Award (AusAID) scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the research higher degree.
- Not be receiving an award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the UQ Centennial rate to undertake the research higher degree program.
- Not be receiving a Commonwealth funded tuition fee scholarship.
- Students can be considered for scholarship twice. Consideration is prior to enrolment only.
How to Apply
To apply for admission to the UQ PhD or MPhil program and a scholarship visit the UQ Graduate School website.
Students can apply at any time for admission to research higher degree programs. However, students who wish to be considered for a UQ Graduate School scholarship should note that the RHD Scholarship Selection Committee meets two times a year to select the recipients. In order to have your scholarship application considered for recommendation by the school/institute we advise that you submit your application for admission and scholarship as early as possible.
View the website for details of scholarship rounds and commencement dates.
The Postgraduate Administration Officer (PGAO) in your proposed enrolling school or institute will be able to help you through the application process and assist you with any questions you may have.
This scholarship has two closing dates per year coinciding with the UQ Graduate School's Scholarship Rounds. Please visit this page for the dates https://graduate-school.uq.edu.au/scholarships