To be eligible you must:
- Be studying full-time and onshore in Australia.
- Be nominated by an enrolling school or institute at UQ.
- Be assessed by the Graduate School as meeting all conditions for admission to the research higher degree program.
- Not hold a qualification at the same or a higher level than the research higher degree program you are undertaking.
- Not be receiving a living allowance award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the RTP Scholarship living allowance rate to undertake the research higher degree program.
- Not be receiving a Commonwealth funded tuition fee scholarship.
See the terms and conditions for more information.
About the award
The UQ Graduate School Scholarship (UQGSS) is awarded to domestic and international students from Research Training Program (Australian Government) funding and UQ funding. The UQGSS will be awarded via a competitive scholarship round twice per year.
The UQGSS provides a living allowance and a tuition fee offset. For international applicants who will study in Australia on a student visa, the UQGSS also includes an allowance for single overseas student health cover.
Terms and conditions
UQ Research Scholarships
A domestic part-time student with carer’s responsibilities, a medical condition or a disability, which prevents them from studying full time may be eligible for scholarship consideration, on a case by case basis.
Students can be considered for scholarship only twice. Consideration can be prior to enrolment, or in the first round after the confirmation milestone is achieved*.
*conditions apply, see the scholarship rules for further details
In instances where the candidate is awarded a scholarship after commencement there will be no retrospective payments of this scholarship.
How to apply
To apply for admission and scholarship follow these easy steps. There is no separate application for scholarship and you will be given the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission.
To be considered for a living allowance scholarship in the first round after confirmation please contact the RHD administrator at your enrolling school/institute/faculty.
Application and commencement dates
Students can apply for this scholarship at any time, however recipients are selected by the RHD Scholarship Selection Committee in two rounds each year, and commencement is restricted to Research Quarters 1 and 3.
The Postgraduate Administration Officer (PGAO) in your proposed enrolling school or institute will be able to help you through the application process and assist you with any questions you may have.